Masala Bhangra is just not a dance class but also a fabulous fitness routine
Dance is arguably the most popular form of exercise in the world. We do it to celebrate, to mourn, to mate, and, to express ourselves. Not only is it one of those magic workouts that doesn’t feel like a workout, but this successive group of rhythmic steps usually set to music is a major calorie burner. It stimulates coordination, stamina, and cardiovascular conditioning, and it builds muscles. It’s time to think of dances as dance workouts.
Today let’s talk about one of my favorites – Masala Bhangra
Masala bhangra is just not a dance class but also a fitness routine. Based around powerful bhangra moves, it burns away all the calories and increases the stamina.
Masala: Spicy and Bhangra: Punjabi folk dance
Empowering a life-long way of being through Indian dance and music — this routines mission is to promote, empower and inspire a permanent healthy lifestyle.
Masala Bhangra is a lifestyle program where the Dhol Drum beats meets the glamour of Bollywood. With easy to follow choreography, people are encouraged to move, touch and inspire! People of all ages are nurtured in changing their lives, empowering their minds and strengthening their bodies through the power of expressing themselves with movement.
Masala Bhangra is designed for people of all ages and fitness levels who love to stay physically active. With the dance choreography directly influenced by the music and dance of modern Bhangra and Bollywood styles, Masala Bhangra is a fresh and exciting addition to the world of fitness and dance
- The modern twist to this traditional form comes with that dash of Bollywood moves added to it in a 45 minute to one hour fitness routine. The result is an exhilarating, effective and fun dance fitness workout,
- The workout leaves you energized fit and definitely increase your stamina. Masala Bhangra is suitable for all age groups, and can be modified for all fitness levels and what’s amazing is that you can use these moves and not only while working out but even be quite the star show stopper at wedding sangeets and parties. Highly enjoyable and easily adapted in a lot of choreography sequences.
- When Masala Bhangra is measured on the fitness barometer, in terms of all elements of a well-rounded fitness plan, it measures up very high in terms of calorie loss and health benefits.
- A well balanced fitness plan should incorporate cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength and endurance, core strengthening, flexibility and balance.
- Cardio workouts are very important to prevent early onset of conditions such as Diabetes, Blood Pressure ,other heart related disorders, hormonal- imbalances, obesity or simply to lose weight
- The choreography and steps involve movements that use a lot of leg muscles, specially the thighs. This builds or strengthens them.
- The arms are mostly up in the air, and shoulders are shrugging. This works out the arms and shoulders
- And, lastly the cool down incorporates stretches for all major muscle groups, which helps in improving flexibility. This is important for joint health and injury prevention